Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Catch them doing right

One of the things I'm truly enjoying these days is the ability to catch my children doing right. When they do something wonderful, considerate, friendly, I'm there to see it and comment on it.

My oldest son, Joshua (5), has the sweetest heart, but it is easily crushed and which then manifests anger. Over the last few weeks, he has been struggling with how to be considered a "big boy". We've discussed what that means in our family and in God's word - responsibility, consideration for others, helpfulness, etc. But what is the most effective is to catch him doing right and reinforcing his positive behavior.

But what this also has me asking myself is am I catching myself doing right? In this world I'm creating for myself, I see so many mistakes, so many areas to improve in, am I catching myself doing right? - something to consider.


Quotes of the Day

"Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up." -Romans 15:2 NIV


"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification." -Romans 14:19