Friday, February 04, 2005

Seeking Stillness

I've been struggling for the last few days with balance. The weight of unfinished projects and trying to figure out how God wants me to use my skills going forward has been heavy. As a corporate business technology writer, my work has been fed to me, at an overwhelming pace, for the last few years. Now freed of such an overwhelming workload, I'm faced with opportunity and the need to find the path that God wants me to go down. There are so many options, I'm not sure where I should focus.

For now, my plate is full with three projects that need completing. One of which is months past due - a problem that I despise. Usually I'd rather forgo all sleep than to miss a deadline. But as the client would say - I made other choices. I really must finish up these projects and find stillness. Somewhere in the stillness, I will hear His direction and find my path.

Quote of the Day
"Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight." -Psalm 119:32 NIV