Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Not Perfect, but moving forward

This morning, instead of immediately coming to the computer and blogging my entry, I needed to take action instead - and blog later.

As I looked around the room, five baskets of laundry to fold, kids who needed to get breakfast and school work done, and a husband who was looking for a pair of blue socks (in the baskets of laundry.) The better use of my time was to be accountable to my priorities, rather than write about being accountable. So that is what I did.

And now, at 4pm, as I prepare to go off to a board meeting and then back to work, I feel good. I know I have done something to move my priorities forward. It's not perfect yet. But as I told my daughter today, no one is perfect. What matters is that we recognize that, allow ourselves to make mistakes, and practice so we get better.