Friday, January 21, 2005

Supporting Our Husbands

I am touched and humbled this morning by Hope Wilbank’s post yesterday. As a mother, my heart breaks for her daughter. My own five year old is fascinated by soldiers and war and as a mother I dread the possibility that he will one day decide to join the military, but I will honor and respect him if that is a choice he makes. We spend a lot of time in our family discussing freedom, responsibility, and sacrifice. Our soldiers all over the world deserve our respect. And our soldier’s families need our support.

Hope’s post reminds me more how fortunate I am. I take my husband and all he does for us for granted far too often. In realigning my life, I must make more of an effort to honor and edify him – to show appreciation and build him up - especially in front of the children and others.


>>>>Quote of the Day>>>>
“She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life” – Proverbs 31:12