Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Accountibility and Responsibility

It is five am on aTuesday and I am up, ahead of my family, to work. Because I didn't do my work yesterday. It is I that must hold myself accountable to my priorities and not continue to impact my family with my work. And I ask you to hold me accountable as well. Finding balance is about putting what is important first and balancing that with the responsibilities of life (in my case, working).

Working is not an option for me. It is something I must do. Gratefully, I enjoy my work. But it pulls at me and pulls me away from my family - but only because I allow it to. In my perfect new world, I will find a way to integrate my work with my family priorities. But for now, I work at the work that God has provided for me. For it is indeed He who has provided for my family. I must not let the pleasurable distractions pull me away from what is truly important - alignment in God's priorities and excellence in everything I do. But how to find that balance - Oh this is a struggle for me.

>>>>Quote of the Day>>>>
"It makes a big difference in our lives and days when we stop paying attention to distractions and choose the actions that reflect our desires and goals."
- Kathy Srabian, intuitive consultant