Thursday, January 27, 2005

A Day of Positive Association

Who we associate with often makes a huge impact on how we live our days and the choices we perceive we can make. Today, as I spent the day driving my kids from one activity to the next, I appreciate this.

As a parent, the activities we went to - swimming lessons, play group, and Karate, put my oldest daughter in association with positive, friendly, caring friends - and put me around other moms whose company I enjoy and women I admire.

As a person, I notice the difference from associating with others in my former job and those I now associate with as a person and as a freelancer. The weight, the worries, the conversation are all different. Today, I am happy with my association - it feels - pleasant, calming, slower.

Even though I'm tired and really just want to sleep for a while, I don't feel strung out and exhausted. Just in need of recovering from a short night.

Just think - tomorrow I get to go spend a few hours with other ladies making bread and learning to crochet, while my children with theirs how learn to churn butter. Amazing.

>>>Quote of the Day>>>>
"Associate yourself with people of good quality, for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
- Booker T. Washington