Thursday, February 03, 2005

Learning from Others

I'm a big believer in learning from others. Whatever the topic,I tend to dive in, research and read everything I can find useful on the subject. Over the years, I've literally read dozens, if not hundreds, of books and articles on writing, parenting, communication, and leadership. Whatever I felt I needed to improve in, I find something read on it. Periodically, I'm blessed to work with or meet individuals that I can learn from by watching, observing, and listening.

The wonderful thing about this world of blogging is that it is yet another source of material to learn from - how else would I ever get insights like this from an editor, or advice from the CEO of a publishing house (and best-selling author), or learn more of the writing life from those who have gone before me.

The same goes for those women who are balancing this act of writing with life as a wife, mother, and keeper of the home. Thanks to the internet, I'm learning from Hope, Beth, Angela, and Lori.

It constantly amazes me how generous people are with their time and insights. Through these resources and the many other sources I read, I can improve and grow. I hope I never stop growing, there is so much to learn.