Thursday, March 24, 2005

Struggling to be Reasonable

I can't explain it, but this week I'm off. As I told my husband, I'm struggling to be reasonable when I don't feel reasonable. My filters are not working well this week. Gratefully, my dear husband understands. And because I am communicating with him rather than snapping at him, he's giving me the space and consideration I need to deal with this hazy, nagging, yucky feeling I have over me this week.


I don't want to snap at anyone; I don't want to yell or nag at anyone. But it's there right at the edges and I can't trust my filters to work properly to keep all that negativity neutralized. So the quiet and the peace and the break from humanity is welcome. Through prayer and communication with my husband, maybe I can get through this gunk in my brain without causing anymore hurt feelings and bruised egos than already exist. I can hope...


Quotes of the Day

"Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife."
-Proverbs 21:9

"Better to live in a desert than witha quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife."
- Proverbs 21:19

"He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity."
- Proverbs 21:23