Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Overcommitted

For the last two weeks, I've been trying to get a grip on my world and not necessarily succeeding at it. I suffer from being interested in too many things, from constantly being overcommitted. For the last two weeks, I've been trying to remedy that.

I've started each day with a prayer asking for focus on what is truly important that day, and have tried to trust in God to provide me with guidance as I go through my day. I've had to concede to defeat (or brokeness) in several cases, cancelling commitments because I just couldn't handle them.

Now that I don't live on soda and adrenline rushes, I can't do as much - and I don't want to. That life is behind me. It wasn't healthy for me or anyone else around me. Now I just need to learn what I can do with my normal everyday energy. It's not an easy task - learning to change behavior - but I'm working on it. One step at a time.