Friday, January 28, 2005

From Explosive to Calm

By 6am it was evident that my plans for the day were not going to work. By 8, I pretty much had determined that the kids and I were not fit for spending the day with others - far too explosive. So much for knitting and breadmaking.

But, despite my expectations, today has been wonderful. Kate had an invite to visit a friend - the one she likes to do quiet imaginative play with, so she finished her homework in record time and has spent the day with another girl instead in the company of her brothers.

Josh considers this "the best day ever" because Kate isn't here to boss him around - and he has gotten three hours of one-on-one time with me - including cooking brownies and making play dough. Three of his favorite activities are cooking, eating chocolate, and playing with play dough.

Zachary happily practiced his knife skills with playdough and sprayed water from a squirt bottle outside.

Esther got to play with measuring spoons and a bowl full of dry rice.

And I got a nice quiet, comfortable day at home. Even had time to update the blogs, investigate some markets, and work on a new book idea.

Wow.

>>>>Quote of the Day>>>>
"You are my Lamp O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light."
- 2 Samuel 22:29