Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Re-defining Success

Last night, I took time to pick up a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks and sit with my journal - a rare, luxurious treat. In doing so, I found myself realizing that I need to re-define success.

My world has changed. How will I feel successful in this new reality? Sucess is subjective; it means different things to different people. For me, my old definition of success just doesn't apply anymore.

What do I consider success?

I realized that I really need to break my definition down by role or priority. How do I define success:
- as a wife?
- as a parent?
- as a homemaker?
- as a writer?
- as a person?

The exercise proved fruitful and centering. I now feel like I have a clear vision of where I want to be in these roles and life priorities. With a clear vision, now I can move toward them, rather than stumble around, grasping at too many things.

>>>>Quote of the Day>>>>
"Failure will never overtake you if your determination to succeed is strong enough."
- Og Mandino in The Greatest Salesman in the World